I'm still here! My goal of course is to blog everyday but so far I have not stuck to that plan very well, and I can't even make excuses by saying I have been busy because I haven't. It is actually quite strange being home and not having much to do. I am always happiest when busy but I have to say I am enjoying all this free time and am trying to use it wisely; reading, organizing, spending time with friends, listening to music, going to the pool etc.
I have very little tolerance for boredom and get very annoyed by people complaining that they are bored, especially on the internet. There are so many things online to fill your time with! And I'm not talking about aimlessly trolling facebook or watching videos of cute animals on youtube; how about checking out some of the amazing, though provoking blogs that are out there, looking up videos by intelligent people such as the vlog brothers, finding an undiscovered artist on youtube, or write an e-mail to a friend or family member you haven't seen in a whole. And then of course there is the whole world outside your computer! I admit that having a car and a license to drive it makes it much easier to find worthwhile activities to fill your time with it, but it is certainly not required. What about those unread books sitting on your shelf? All those untried recipes in your kitchen? And you cannot deny the power of a good long walk.
As far as I am concerned boredom is self inflicted and often confused with laziness. In the world that we are fortunate enough to live in there is hardly ever an excuse to sit around and do nothing. Or if this is the way you choose to pass your time then please do not whine about it to others. Enjoy summer while you still can! It seems to be slipping away all too quickly unfortunately.
No comments:
Post a Comment