Saturday, August 13, 2011

So despite the fact that I feel like Lexington is suffocating me, yesterday was a pretty good day; I slept until my eyes popped open (as my dad would say), checked a couple more things off my to do list, sat out in the sun and chatted with one of my best friend, and then had Chinese food and a movie night with the family. I went to bed happy and relaxed with the full intention of waking up at seven AM so I could start my day with a nine o'clock hot yoga class.
 But alas, I seem to be losing my early bird tendencies and didn't wake up until my mum came in and prodded me at 8:45...sigh. This of course put me in a GIANT SQUID OF ANGER kind of mood, so I threw on some clothes and went for a run. Unfortunately I was so distracted that I forgot to drink any sort of liquid before I went out and so my fairly low key run ended with me curled up on the bathroom floor in pain due to dehydration; yeah, embarrassing.
 A shower, breakfast, and lots of water later we all walked up to the farmers market which always makes me happy. We bought lots of shiny, yummy looking vegetables and I am excited for our experimental dinner of friend banana (am I the only one who has to sing the Gwen Stefani song in their head when they write that word?) peppers later.
Today I have also had to do something that I haven't done in ages; study! I have a math placement exam coming up when I start university at the end of the month and seeing as its been almost a year and a half since I took a math class I figured I need a good amount of preparation. And boy was I right! I am even struggling with elementary algebra! Its frankly pathetic. I think it will take a little while for my brain to get used to focusing on that kind of thing after such a long break. It's not that dancing or writing doesn't require thought, it's just a different sort of concentration, and one I greatly prefer. Ah well, at least I have one more worthwhile thing with which to fill my time.
I'm planning on going to the theater tonight to see a show put on by some of my former classmates and I'm quite looking forward to it. Let's just assume that my day is going to end more pleasantly than it began.
Later!

1 comment:

Total Pageviews