Autumn is finally here! We have had such a lovely golden fall here and I was delighted to find that when I returned from a week away in beautiful Cornwall that all the leaves had turned beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. How lucky I am to be able to live in and visit such stunning parts of the world; Cornwall is the epitome of the raw and wild English coast which I find so much more appealing than any tropical beach. Give me craggy cliffs, cloudy skies and crashing waves over white sandy, sunny beaches any day! Perhaps this is the little emo side of me coming out. Richmond, on the other hand, is more tame, colorful, and very homey. I feel incredibly safe here and the park is just breathtaking, although for some reason I have only visited it a couple times. This need to be fixed before all the beautiful leaves disappear!
St. Agnes Beach, Cornwall
St. Agnes Beacon, Cornwall
Richmond Park
I love fall (or Autumn depending which side of the pond you're on), it is definitely my favorite season. Appropriate, perhaps, seeing as my birthday falls right bang in the middle of it. I am perhaps biased but as a Halloween baby I think I have one of the best times for a birthday; everyone is in the mood to party on Halloween, plus I can wear whatever wacky outfit or make up I want and get away with it...sparkles everywhere! I had a lovely birthday on Monday, although it was difficult being away from the family for the first time. Thankfully I have wonderful friends here at school and received lots of Birthday love...as well as a few generous treats, and no tricks. I spent Halloween night at the Royal Opera House watching Tamara Rojo dance Sleeping Beauty, it was stunning and so magical, so appropriate. I thought all the fun had ended there but my amazing friends surprised me last night by all waiting for my at the pub with some delicious chocolate cake. I am a very happy 19 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment