What a great day! So nice to not feel like I had been run over by a bus like I have felt for the previous 48 hours or so. Last night alex and I contemplated setting an alarm but, being the obnoxious morning person I am, I thought it was pointless...until Vanessa woke us up with "hey girls, it's noon." Although I was slightly embarrassed, have to admit I felt great! After a yummy breakfast of bread and honey we caught the train to Frankfurt. Many people leading up to this trip told me that Frankfurt was a mainly industrial city and not exactly the ideal tourist destination, but I have to say I thought it was very lively and has a lot of personality. It's not Paris but there are a few nice old buildings that were spared during the war that contrast beautifully with the sleek, modern sky scrapers. There were of course the obligatory Japanese tourists around every corner but to me Frankfurt seems very much alive. When we returned home I am ashamed to say that I fell asleep again, which is probably why I am feeling so bright eyed at 1:30 am. After a delicious dinner (alex and I made a fairly successful salad to go along with it) we headed out to a quiet little bar with one of Vanessa's good friends who is also very sweet and blond and speaks fantastic English. There were lots of giggles and gossiping and I even went to burger king for the first time, how strange that it should be in Germany! We are going to the lake tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be gorgeous and then on Wednesday it's the women's world cup!
Hope everyone had a great fourth of July, a little sad to have missed it once agin but I would have to say it has been worth it.
Xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment