I love London, it has such a different vibe than Paris; more energetic and modern. It makes me so excited to think that next time I'm here it will be to stay! We've had a nice combination of lounging with cousins and hard core sight seeing. Unfortunately I've missed out on some of the touristing because I've been taking ballet classes in the city. It was so nice to do some dancing again but as it was a Russian school with scary Russian teachers it was way different from anything I've done before and my legs are still recovering. But I did make it to a tour of the globe theater, which was good despite the super obnoxious tourguide. And then on Tuesday I ran over to the Victoria and Albert (which you could easily spend a whole week exploring) and got a glimpse of the theatre and performance exhibition which included one of Margot Fonteyn's tutus, a costume worn by Judi Dench, and a hat that belonged to Dame Edna Everage; pretty cool stuff! We then all trudged through the rain to Harrods to drool at the enormous food hall, it's also a fantastic place for people watching, Alice even spotted a
model from our favorite guilty pleasure show The Model Agency. Alex, Alice, Emma, and I stayed behind to do a little extra shopping and even splurged on some expensive but delicious Harrod's cupcakes to keep our strength up. Then we went to HM where I found an amazing pair of boots. While in the store I also managed to fall down a whole flight of stairs and land on my bum, thankfully the only person who saw was a nice lady who made sure I was ok before hurrying off.
On Wednesday I had an audition in the morning and then an appointment to see my future school which, until this point, I had only visited in pictures. It is a beautiful campus that backs up on to Richmond park and is only about a fifteen minute walk from Richmond high street which has every type of restaurant and shop you could need, and once there you are only a short tube ride away from the center of London. I am still getting used to the whole idea of college but I think Richmond looks ok.
After a quiet, rainy morning spent at Costa and rewatching Harry Potter we are all getting quite excited to head into London tonight. We have tickets to see Much Ado About Nothing starring none other than Doctor Who's David Tennant and Catherine Tate, can't wait! Also gives me an opportunity to wear those new boots...although my legs are still in quite a lot of pain after being beat up by the Russians. I am sure I will let you know all about it soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment