So the weather here is even more bipolar than Kentucky! After a chilly, drizzly start to our visit the sun has decided to come out and it is now gorgeous and warm. We took full advantage of this by spending all afternoon at the lake. It was way better than any American swimming pool because a) the scenery was much more picturesque and b) all the people are beautiful! I guess this could be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it but the place was full of gorgeous, skinny, blonde girls and their attractive, athletic boyfriends. Even the grandmas and grandpas looked pretty glamorous by American standards. I have to say it made me feel quite self concious. Lots of fun people watching at though ; a group of 14 year old boys smoking hookah was particularly amusing.
This eveninG we visited the restaurant where Vanessa works. It's very traditionally German; a biergarten with lots of cute old people drinking and talking. My dinner of fish and vegetables dripping in yummy sauce was delicious, one of the best I've ever had. I decided that I also had to try Frankfurt's own beverage of choice, applewein. It is in fact exactly what it sounds like, very sweet and refreshing because they mix it with lemonade. Apparently it's one of those things you either love or hate...I think Alex is of the latter category. Sitting in that garden with the beautiful weather and delicious food was one of those moments that I wanted to hold on to, every detail in tact, and fully appreciate the present.
What a wonderful post Lucy. I can feel myself there enjoying a meal....although perhaps I am now a "cute old person!"
ReplyDelete