I finally found some internet, yay! And how nice it is to type on an actual keyboard instead of my tiny iphone...or it would be if all the letters werent in the wrong order (and I cannot for the life of me find the apostrophe so you will have to forgive me there). I am sorry for the long silence, wifi seems to be harder to find in Eastern Europe. Needless to say our last few days in Germany were the best of the week. Heidelberg is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, it is like something out of a storybook. I would love to go there and study one day. The castle over looking the city is breathtaking, lots of good photo opportunities! Hoping to be able to upload some of those soon. The place is so old and yet in such good condition that it hurts my brain to even conceive what it would have been like in its glory days. The city itself is lovely, although touristy, it still manages to be adorable, especially in the rain which I think enhanced the atmosphere more than anything. When it got a little too wet we went in to a pub and tasted some real German beer which was very nice. We also peaked into the gummy bear store, yes a whole store full of gummies of every shape and size you can imagine. Alex even managed to find some...um...rather interesting ones (I will just let you guess until she uploads the pictures). That night we had another adventure at Chococino with Vanessa and Kristina to celebrate our last night in Germany, it flew by so quickly! The next day we had a last look around Frankfurt (which included a visit to the zoo to see lots of adorable monkeys and rodents of unusual size) we said our tearful good byes and clambered on the bus headed to Prague. Unfortunately we were so reluctant to leave that we were the last ones on the bus and were not able to sit next to eachother for most of the ride. Sitting next to a stranger makes it much more difficult to sleep, especially if they are smelly like my neighbor. I did appreciate his offer to share his nasty looking potato chips but was a little miffed that, as I had a scarf tied around my eyes and headphones in my ears, that he did not think that I would not appreciate a sharp prod in the side at one am.
Despite the lack of sleep I was happy to see the sun come up early that morning as the country side around Prague is gorgeous, especially at sunrise. As Vanessa would say; you can sleep when you are dead! And I knew I didnt want to miss a second!
to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment