Thursday, July 7, 2011

7/7/11

On our way to Heidelberg! I honestly don't know much about the city other than it's supposed to be beautiful so I am looking forward to it, despite the fact that I am still recovering from the fantastic day we had yesterday; I went to my first real football (or soccer, depending on which side of the Atlantic you are on)game! And it was a world cup match to boot! It is so much better than on tv; even though I don't support Brazil or Guinea I still found myself becoming emotionally invested in the game. I of course wanted Brazil to win in support of my amazing Brazilian friends and, as you can probably guess, they did; 3-0. Unfortunately FIFA decided that my SCAPA water bottle was a threat and confiscated it along with about twenty vuvuzelas. I was able to get it back after the game but tried to express my distaste by looking frustrated as they handed it to me, "I'm sorry I don't want to spend three euros on a two milliliter glass of water, thank you very much." Too bad my german only extends to "bitte" and "danke" which I use as a reply to just about everything. After squeezing like sardines into a train full of happy Brazilians we headed home to get ready for a night out to celebrate Vanessa's friend's birthday. From my limited knowledge German clubs are much more fun than American ones as there is much more dancing and a lot less PDA...although there was still plenty of that. When the music is so loud it makes your ears ring for the rest of the evening language barriers don't matter. Suffice to say lots of wonderful memories were made.

2 comments:

  1. You will love Heidelberg! The soccer game sounds fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your water bottle was conviscated. Atleast you got it back!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews