Monday, July 25, 2011

Conflicted

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to keep up this blogging thing because I am really enjoying it! But I am a little unsure as to how to approach it now that I am not traipsing all over Europe and my escapades may not be as note worthy. For example; I would very much like to document my experiences here in Chicago but my perceptions of people play such a huge part informing my opinions of such things and I am not sure if it is appropriate to write about those here. Of course I am not going to be bashing anyone and will probably refrain from giving names but I want to be able to give an honest picture of how I see things while still being respectful to everyone around me. You can never predict what will offend and want won't. I realize that my reader base is not that large but you can never be too careful about what you post on the internet, and I want to be able to promote by writing without worrying about who reads it. I am sure there are more experienced and successful bloggers who manage to do this efficiently, anyone know of some examples I can look up? Suggestions? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Of course you should keep writing! Just because you are not exploring Europe doesn't make your writing any less interesting. I don't have any advice on how to blog responsibly and respectively besides focusing on the bigger picture. Because you really shouldn't mention names, try to take a small situation and relate it to the world. For instance, an argument about something insignificant could lead you to really appreciate the small things in life. You said your perceptions of people play a huge part on forming opinions of things; you could talk about how first impressions are not always correct or how your perceptions change. While you want to express your opinions and ideas, you also want to get your readers (like me!) to think and ponder as well. You seem to be doing reasonably well thus far in your blogging about Chicago and I have greatly enjoyed reading about your adventures thus far.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews