Sunday, July 3, 2011

Frankfurt Fun

Wow what an awful title...sorry my jetlagged brain can't come up with anything better. I am so glad to be in Germany finally and now quite sad to have lost two days here. We are staying with friends in a little town outside of Frankfurt called Hanau. Went on a sort of walking tour this morning around all the shops in the village center (as it's Sunday everything was closed and basically deserted)and through the grounds of two castles...yes even the small towns here seem to have a couple. The weather is a little dark and chilly but that is fine as Alex and I are still a little jet lagged anyway...desperately trying to keep myself awake until later so I can be fully adjusted tomorrow! The family we are staying with are lovely and welcoming and they all speak fantastic English making me feel rather inferior. Did manage to mumble "danke" to the waitress at the Italian ice cream parlor we just visited. It was the best ice cream I have had in a long while! I had a sort of frozen hot chocolate and Alex had a magnificent chocolate and cherry concoction which had very strong but yummy Cherry liquor in the middle. Quite full and sleepy now, listening to the birds and the bell tower. Very excited for the week to come; looks like we are going to be seeing a women's world cup game on Wednesday which would be fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Your mum showed me a picture of Alex with that amazing ice cream! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Emma and Daddy here :). Your trip sounds wonderful so far (except for the traveling delays!). Emma: I also saw the picture of alex eating Ice cream! yummmm!I hope you are having fun in hanau.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews